2.14.2007

Vision


Here's a painting I'm working on entitled 'Vision.' It's fairly large, 44" x 60," the figure is life-size. I'm having trouble coordinating the light in it. I feel that either the sky is too blue, or the figure and beach are too washed out. I think I'm just going to end up making the sky more grey, which is a hassle, but is worth it. The updated versions of 'Vision' will be posted soon enough, though I'm not sure when I'll get back to working on this because it's not going to be included in either the Lynchburg show, or the New York Art Expo. This photo doesn't really do the painting justice...I'll work on it, we'll see where it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From one painter to another...Max..your work is extraordinary and very exciting to see your adaptability across subjects...and your combination of unique narratives. The VISION work is beautiful and your concern about the figure and perhaps the background appearing too equal of value might be resolved by glazing the overall bgd with a pale haze of cool grey therefore not having to repaint the clouds or beach..it would just recede from the figure a bit more and add drama to the composition. Just a thought since I have had the same dilemma at times.good luck with your shows.I saw you on the Saatchi Your Gallery site..regards, hfraz@verizon.net